Independence Brewing Co. is looking for an industrious team player to join our Brewer-Cellar team. This is a full-time position working to brew beer on our 60 BBL brewhouse as well as create new beers on our 3.5 BBL pilot system. We are seeking someone who has a passion for creating quality beer.
About the Role
- Operation of a 3 vessel, 60 Barrel brewhouse including, but not limited to ingredient handling, milling, wort production, and cleaning of brewhouse vessels and workspace.
- Manage fermentations – check gravities, identify irregularities, record data, dry hop and fruit additions, prepare for transfers.
- Transfer beers – confirm product readiness, set up transfer, operate centrifuge and inline carbonation, test CO2 and DO2 levels, and complete cleaning and vessel CIP.
- Maintains workflow with focus on safety, quality, efficiency and sanitation.
- Complete record keeping for brewhouse and cellar accurately and on time.
- Develop recipes and brew small batches for taproom on 3.5 Barrel pilot brewhouse.
- Communicate regularly with managers and maintain a positive relationship with coworkers.
- Uphold quality standards and work to create quality products from start to finish.
Education and Requirements
- Formal brewing school degree or professional brewing experience equivalent
- Two or more years brewing on 15 BBL or larger brewhouse
- Flexibility to work different shifts; days, evenings, weekdays and weekends
- Ability to keep detailed and accurate records
- Dedication to safety and cleanliness (HACCP/ Food Safety experience a plus)
- Forklift / Electric Pallet Jack experience (training is provided)
- Ability to work in a team based environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to work on their feet for 8 hours per day. The employee is regularly required to lift 55lb grain bags / 44lb Hop boxes, climb stairs, work in close quarters, grip & manipulate Tri-clamps and drag hoses, several times a day. Employee is occasionally required lift and maneuver a keg (165lbs).
Competitive compensation package for an experienced individual with the right skills. Benefits include health, dental, vision, paid time off, paid holidays, and beer.
Independence Brewing Co. is one of Texas’ original craft breweries located in Austin, Texas. Founded by Amy & Rob Cartwright in 2004, Independence Brewing Co. has grown from a small mom, pop, and dog operation to a team of 30 people producing more than 20 thousand barrels a year with distribution throughout Texas and Arkansas. Independence Brewing Co. is now one of the largest and most beloved breweries in Central Texas, and we’re looking for independent thinkers and drinkers to join our crew.